Monday, June 16, 2014

Content Update Concerning My ASMR Channel


Hello everyone!  Some of you may already know that my comp died.  It doesn't matter what I do, it's never going to bend to my will again. 




Thankfully with the help of my patrons on Patreon, I am not completely hopeless!  I am able to buy myself a new computer, and while it isn't the dream build we all were hoping for, I'm told it's going to be a pretty great build (thank you so much to those who helped me with the tech advice---I'd be SO lost without you.  Special shout out to Quiettime Tutor).

So I am working with people and making finalizations on this machine, then it has to get built, and shipped to me. I might pay extra for faster shipping, but it will still take weeks for this new system to get here. Until it gets here and I learn how to navigate it, I am going to be on borrowed time and equipment---using a computer at a friend's house when I can.  I am on someone else's schedule and using equipment that isn't used to video editing and rendering.  This friend is being VERY patient and understanding with me, and I don't want to overstep my bounds by hounding them for their computer after they get home from work.

So here's what I'm going to be doing:  I am going to put out audio only vids for a while.  Sound Slices, A Dark Feather Sound Slice, some audio only Sound Assortments---stuff like that.  That way, I won't have the extra editing and rendering time for visuals.  As soon as the new comp is up and running, I will be creating regular vids again (I have a role play planned that includes some people you may know that I am excited to get to you).  But until the new rig arrives, I think this is the best way for me to continue to put out content without putting out my friend.

Because of this change to my access to a comp, I am going to have to schedule my uploads (Youtube has a feature that lets you do that)---which means I won't physically be clicking "Publish" like I normally do.  I am not going to have the same time available to me to respond to comments, so if you see less of me in the comments sections, it's not cause I don't care---it's because I don't have a comp at my fingertips to respond to you---and when I do have a comp to use at my friend's house, I am most likely going to be editing my face off (since I only have it for a limited time).  I don't want you guys to think that I am not reading your comments, or that I don't want to respond.  Engaging with you all has always been something I have enjoyed and had a lot of fun with, and I am going to miss it a bit.  This is simply just a transitional period for equipment, and I will be back to normal as soon as the new comp arrives.

Thanks for understanding, and again, THANK YOU to everyone who helped me with this (via Patreon, Reddit, messages, advice, time, and encouragement). I appreciate it more than you will ever know.  And I will not forget it.

I forget nothing.  O_o







19 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us know. Nice play on the words "put out."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to read this. I swear I did. But I kept getting stopped at that first picture. SO FREAKING CUTE!!!
    ... I'll return tomorrow with special, cynical sunglasses to help block out the high UVC (Uh, Very Cute) levels...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update :-) nothing wrong with sound slices LOL! I find it so amazing that you are still making vids after your comp has died!

    ReplyDelete
  4. learning how to navigate? Is it a Mac? (I have a mac!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries Heather. Take the time to get it right. We will still be here, mostly re-watching some of the older vids. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that, for your sake. You are the most wondrous 'self-expressitory' being I have ever had the honor and pleasure to behold. Best regards. .....Has anyone tried recovering data from the hard drive?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather, sorry to hear of your problems. Don't break your neck trying to get things done in a rush. We will all be here when you are ready so don't fret.
    Good Luck .
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a bad day at the office Heather. Thanks for the update. Your audio is 5 * too! Hope you get everything you need quickly. Like Richard said "We will be here". Have a great day! Joel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather, sorry to hear about your computer, But take your time and get things right, you have plenty of really awesome videos that I could watch a million times
    Best wishes
    Coco

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry your old pc got broke but sure happy you have enough funds to get another... for some reason my first thought was I wonder if it will run on what everyone seems to think as the horrible for pc's windows 8 which seems to have been built more with touch in mind.. sure happy mine runs on windows 7... think the main pain with windows 8 is there's no Start menu and you have to get one via third party which is darn crazy, hope your builders sort this for you if you are having 8.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I love the soundslices. Then again, to me that's what they all are. I can never keep my eyes open for long.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't mind it just being audio since I am usually asleep within the first few
    minutes ^-^ Don't worry too much, Heather. It'll all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How can you be sure that you forget nothing if you forget nothing? Some how I don't think you'd recall forgetting it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love to hear you do heartbeat sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I truly appreciate the time and effort you put into these videos! You're doing a great job and I always look forward to your videos! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't have any idea of the history. But it's very helpful you're "here" now. Thank You from the bottom...

    ReplyDelete