Wednesday, April 30, 2014

There is an ASMR documentary being made. I think it could do great things.

Hi everyone. I wanted to make you aware of an endeavor that is happening.

Braingasm: The ASMR Documentary

Lindsay Ragone is making a documentary about ASMR. I have talked to this woman, and I can tell you that she LOVES the ASMR community, and has ASMR herself. Her documentary is a personal labor of love for her, and it's something I really want to see this come to fruition. She is trying to incorporate so many different ASMRtists, show the versatility and diversity of the ASMR community, and educate people about what ASMR really is and why it helps millions of people.

I know there are some of you who will see the name of the documentary and feel protective or concerned about the word "Braingasm." This is the word that people who don't have ASMR associate with ASMR, this is the word that the news harps on to sensationalize their stories, and this is a word that so many people don't understand---so having a documentary of the same title that presents real information about ASMR and the community could be INCREDIBLY beneficial in educating people about who we are and what we do.

I hope you guys check this out. If you feel inclined to donate to the Kickstarter (Lindsay has paid for ALL filming and traveling expenses from her own pocket, but needs some help to continue), there are different rewards Lindsay is giving out. I just wanted to share this project with you in case you wanted to aid in this positive ASMR endeavor. It's something I support, and I hope even if you can't donate, you will root for it too.


2 comments:

  1. I've noticed recently that a sub-genre of "erotic" ASMR videos have started appearing on youtube and other websites more frequently. I think if we are to dispel the myth that ASMR is some kind of fetish the documentary will have to make a clear distinction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather,
    as a fellow asmr enthusiast I'd like to have a Trigger asmr video from you with tuning forks and Tibetan Bowls.

    I do really like those two tingles but I do not often find good asmr like yours with them...

    ReplyDelete