Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Top Five Favorite Intentional ASMR Videos of all Time: #3

On to number 3!  This video is brought to you by Amal, a beautiful and quick witted content creator.  Her video can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rujZxZkon-4&feature=plcp

Amal has a special quality to her, and I think it comes from her personality.  She's confident, and in my opinion, that confidence translates into that easy going quality of her voice.  Listening to her is like listening to a friend.

Amal has lots of great videos.  Her ASMR efforts feel so natural.  She doesn't have to work to give tingles to the viewer, she naturally possesses a voice like honey and smooth gesturing. So what makes her nail salon video so special?

I like videos that have variety in triggers.  I like different sounds and movements because (for me) too much repetition dulls the tingly sensation, which is probably why I gravitate to role plays so often instead of specialty videos (like just tapping, or just scratching).  Amal's nail salon video has a lot of triggers, presented in a subtle way:  there's water, tapping, counting, whispering, presentation, and personal attention, spread out throughout the video.

There are plenty of videos out there that posses the traits that Amal's nail video does---but for some reason Amal's nail video knocks me out.  Every time.  Halfway through.  I have watched it so many times, and it never fails to deliver.  For that, it gets my #3 spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment